Saturday, 15 July 2017

Jessica Wing -- Children's Books and Young Adult Author



I would like to introduce to you the fantastic Jessica Wing, author of Young Adult Fantasy and Children's Books. Jessica has a few pieces out there at the moment and has a new release coming soon. 
(Keep your eyes peeled for that as I will be sharing more as the time approaches)

Which writers inspire you?

The authors that inspire me are Robert Jordan (The Wheel of Time) and Brandon Mull (Fablehaven). They are both great at world building and character development.

What are you working on at the minute?

My current focus is book two of the Tamer Chronicles. That is going to take a backseat when book one gets back from the editor.

What’s it about?


Book one in the Chronicles is about a group of friends journeying together to overthrow a dictator that has decimated the east. Along the way, they overcome loss and strive to become the heroes they were meant to be.

What genre are your books?

Most of my books are young adult fantasy with the exception of my nonfiction book and Artie.

What draws you to this genre?

I have loved reading fantasy since I was a kid. I just love being transported to a made up land!

When did you decide to become a writer?

In fourth grade, I wrote a short story about a girl who lost her dog. My teacher's mom bought the story. That was when I knew.
Do you write full-time or part-time?

I would like to write full-time, but right now, I am just writing part-time.

What is the hardest thing about writing?

The hardest thing right now is finding the time to sit and write. I'm also not super great at world building and have dedicated a lot of time to practice that.
What is the easiest thing about writing?

The easiest thing about writing is probably just bouncing ideas off my husband. If I talk to him about my book, it helps me figure out plot holes.

What would you say are the main advantages and disadvantages of self-publishing against being published or the other way around?

I like self-publishing because it is easy and convenient. It is hard to do all of the legwork in advertising yourself. Building a following takes a lot of work.

Where can you see yourself in 5 years time?

In five years, I would like to have the original trilogy for the Chronicles finished.


To learn more about Jessica you can reach out to her HERE on Facebook,  HERE on Goodreads and her Amazon Author page HERE.


   Artie the Armadillo
(There is no preview available for Artie the Armadillo, you can view it by clicking the image above.)

Thank you, Jessica, for taking time out from your very busy schedule.

K xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

REVIEWS FOR FOREST OF ANCESTORS

GOODREADS -- ADD ME!

Forest of Ancestors (The Guardians #1)