Tuesday, 16 May 2017

5***** Goodreads review of Alyson Madden-Brooker's -- The Last Titan



My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Ok, so when I began to read this novel I wasn't sure what to expect. But what quickly stood out to me from the beginning was how well the author knew her craft. This novel was so well written that it was just a dream to read. I found myself drawn in from the very beginning and that is rare for me as I am a tough critic. I need balance between dialogue and narration. This delivers it all in a beautiful symphony of characters, drama, tension, lore, mythology and even touches in places a little real life connection.
This book (no. 4 in the series) touched on mythology, which I love, and wove it meticulously through the story and gave them a modern and sometimes surprising twist. The look at the whole Heaven and Hell 'reality' was unique and actually made me hmmmm aloud at times.
All in all, this was a fantastic story, told in a beautiful way by a very adept and well-instructed author.

I would list the genre of this book: LGBTQ (organically placed), Contemporary Fantasy, mythology, Magical Realism.

I just can't rave about this novel and series enough.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

REVIEWS FOR FOREST OF ANCESTORS

GOODREADS -- ADD ME!

Forest of Ancestors (The Guardians #1)