Monday, 24 April 2017

BOOK REVIEW: The Awakening - Part One ( A MUST READ 4 STAR)

The Awakening: Part One (The Lycan War Saga, #1)The Awakening: Part One by Michael Timmins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was not what I was expecting at all. Being Irish myself I was loving the two female druids and how Timmins weaved their war and its fallout was masterful. This had a unique take on many old hashed out things such as Were's and the like, I found it refreshing and I really got hooked. (So much so that when I was to be working I found myself instead locked away with my kindle reading this little gem)

The story, in the beginning, was a little slow moving but when it got going it truly found its feet. Positives for me were the female roles of the druids, the were animals and the world crafting via the fabulous storytelling. The negatives would have to be multiple POV but that is a personal taste thing. This was not what kicked this from a 5 star to a 4 star, that would be the abrupt ending. I like cliffhangers as much as the next person but this felt almost 'cut off'. Overall this is a great read and I would highly recommend it to lovers of fantasy/supernatural.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

REVIEWS FOR FOREST OF ANCESTORS

GOODREADS -- ADD ME!

Forest of Ancestors (The Guardians #1)