Wednesday, 8 March 2017

* * * * S K GREGORY * * * *




Which writers inspire you?  Stephen King and Kelley Armstrong

What genre are your books?  I write mostly urban fantasy or horror.

What draws you to this genre?  I love the idea of supernatural beings in the real world and no one knows about them.

What made you decide to sit down and actually start something?  I’ve been writing since I was about seven. Probably because I wanted to write a story my way as opposed to the ones I was reading.

Do you write full-time or part-time?  Full time at the moment.

Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?  Mostly in the evening time or when the mood strikes.

Do you aim for a set number of words/pages per day?  No. Some days I might only write a line or two and the next I could write ten pages.

Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just see where an idea takes you? Sometimes, but I usually end up abandoning it and going with the story.

If this book is part of a series, tell us a little about it?  I have the Daemon Series which features Mackenzie Murphy, a half demon who is pulled into the middle of a war.

Do you read much and if so who are your favorite authors?  Yes all the time. As well as Stephen King and Kelley Armstrong, I like Dean Koontz, Rachel Caine and Meg Cabot.

What book/s are you reading at present?  A few different ones as reviews.

Tell us about the cover/s and how it/they came about.  For my first two Daemon books the covers were created by an artist with Mockingbird Lane Press. I created the last two myself. I tried to stick to the fire theme.

How are you publishing this book and why? (*e.g. Indie, traditional or both)  The first two books are published with Mockingbird Lane Press and I am publishing the last two myself due to creative differences.

What would you say are the main advantages and disadvantages of self-publishing against being published or the other way around?  I’ve done both so I know that with self publishing you have control over pretty much everything but you are responsible for all advertising too.

Where would you like to see yourself in 5 years’ time?  With a bestseller! Lol. Hopefully with a few more books under my belt.


If you want to learn more about Sam you can find her on her WEBSITE, BLOG and TWITTER.  You can also check out her other titles here on her Amazon Author Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment